Things I Can’t Live without in My Kitchen
Were you ever involved in a conversation in junior high, high school or college that went something like this: “If your house was on fire and you could only grab 5 things, what would you grab?” “If you were stranded on a desert island and could take only 5 things with you, what would they be?” Sound familiar?
Well, I am going to ask you to play that game today with your kitchen. To me, the kitchen is the most important room in our home. You can all go ahead and say it is something sweet like your family room but when you all go and get hungry after sitting around singing Kum Bay Yah, we know you will be headed to the kitchen for some food! Let’s face it, the kitchen is the central hub of a home. (In my humble opinion).
Now the question for you, if you could have only have 5 items to keep in our kitchen, what would they be?
Oh come on, humor me a little and play along. For old times sake.
- Stock Pot – I’m talking my 12 quart here. (We do some SERIOUS cooking around these parts). I can always use it as a skillet if I need to as well, it is pretty versatile.
- My slow cooker – Seriously, who can live without one of these things?
- A wooden spoon – So versatile, convenient and able to be used for a myriad of tasks.
- A good knife – the one I got when we visited Chiquita headquarters would likely be my chosen knife. That knife makes cutting a block of cheese feel like cutting butter.
- A cookie sheet – this one I am keeping so I can keep my husband. The man would NOT survive without cookies. He just wouldn’t. And I would most definitely like to keep him around.