DIY Summertime “I’m Bored” Cards
Summer time here in Arizona is like winter time in most places, you stay indoors and wait out the weather. I’m just waiting for the day when my toddler will start saying “I’m bored” like a broken record. I’m cutting him off at the pass and creating “I’m bored” cards, to help keep our summers entertaining. Even if you don’t live in the middle of the hot desert, these cards will help make your summers memorable. Have your children come up with inexpensive ideas that you can do on a whim. Some ideas include checking out books from the library, making Chiquita banana mango pops, camping in your living room or playing Chiquita banana checkers together.
Markers or crayons
1. Use scissors to cut circles out of the cereal box. You can use a stencil or trace a cup for round circles.
2. Punch a hole at the top of the cards.
3. Have your children decorate the cards using crayons or markers.
4. On each card, write an idea to do when your child says “I’m bored”. Have your child help you come up with ideas.
5. Secure the cards together with a piece of yarn.
6. Anytime your child says “I’m bored”, have them pick out a card to do.