30 Before 30
I found a strand of white hair on my head the other day. Besides that meaning that I’m a mother of a toddler who likes to give me mild heart attacks on a daily basis, it’s also a harsh reminder that my 30th birthday is rapidly approaching. Cue a midlife crisis right around July 26th this year.
Seriously though, I’m looking forward to starting a new decade of life. I feel like my twenties was all about striving for perfection and my thirties will be about being ok with not being perfect. I’m a little wiser, a lot healthier and looking forward to the big 3-0, minus the white hairs that may come along with it.
Around my 29th birthday last July, I came up with a 30 before 30 list of things I want to do before my next birthday. I’ve already completed a few of the things on my list (like chopping off my hair and flying a kite), but for the most part it’s still a work in progress. I’d love for you to join me, even if you aren’t turning 30 this year, and start a bucket list of your own. What’s on your list?
My 30 before 30 list:
1. Run a 5K.
2. Cook paella and flan from scratch.
3. Surprise someone.
4. Finish Logan’s baby book.
5. Take a yoga class.
6. Send someone a care package.
7. Learn something new.
8. Chop off my hair and donate it to Locks of Love.
9. Print and frame a photograph I took.
10. Learn sign language
11. Lose 30 pounds.
12. Attend a blogging conference.
13. Read 20 books.
14. Have an 80’s movie marathon.
15. Do something charitable.
16. Paint on canvas.
17. Throw a party.
18. Learn more about photography.
19. Take Logan on a picnic.
20. Do something eco-friendly.
21. Try a new restaurant.
22. Sign up for an exercise boot camp.
23. See a musical.
24. Attend a sporting event.
25. Visit a museum.
26. Plan a weekend trip.
27. Send a handwritten note to someone.
28. Organize my closet.
29. Fly a kite.
30. Do something I’m proud of.